At Elewana Loisaba Camp you can witness an abundance of wildlife and nature. The camp is situated at Laikipia plateau with views up to Mt. Kenya.
Loisaba Tented Camp in Laikipia plateau
This accommodation requires a 2-night minimum stay.
The Loisaba Conservancy, which is part of Kenya’s Laikipia plateau, is known to be breathtakingly beautiful due to its abundant wildlife and habitat including rivers, forests, springs, valleys and open plains.
Laikipia accounts for the second highest density of wildlife in Kenya and is one of the very few places in Africa where wildlife numbers are continuously increasing. You will encounter the Big 5 as well as many endangered species such as the reticulated giraffe, Grevy’s zebra and patas monkey. It is also one of the best places to find the rarely seen African wild dog.
The Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp is situated on the edge of an escarpment with all accommodations and main areas enjoying unhindered views over a stunning panorama up until Mt Kenya. The tents are designed to be spacious and airy and come with large floor-toceiling doors and windows, high ceilings and polished wood floors.
This accommodation includes Game Package.
The airstrip Loisaba is located at 15min from the camp.
The rates include:
- Room as booked
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Games drives
- Drinks (soft drinks, beer, house wine, selected spirits)
- Guided bush walks
- Transfer from and to Loisaba airstip
- Samburu Village visit
The rates don’t include:
- Champagne, exclusive cellar wines, cognacs, and single malt whiskeys
- Samburu dancers show: entrance fee and dances
- International and Local flights to the accommodation. If you need help planning your trip, we offer you an Eco Holiday Consultation, where our specialists will help you book all transportation needed in order to safely reach your accommodation and on time. Find more information by clicking here.
Included and paid Amenities
- Mountain biking
- Fishing (seasonal)
- Swimming pool (main + private pool for 3 tents)
- Main lounge
- Dining area
- Gift shop
- WiFi all around the camp
- Laundry service
- In-tent and reception charging facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
Are you travelling with children?
We love children and are happy about welcoming children at the hotel. Unfortunately our online reservation system is not yet fully ready to calculate child rates correctly. We are working on this.
So when you proceed with the reservation, you will currently only see adult rates displayed and calculated.
But don’t worry! We will manually review any reservation and will adjust the rate. You will hear from us shortly after your reservation. You will only pay the hotel’s child rate for your children.
Child policy of this hotel:
Children aged 0-11 years sharing with an adult are free of charge.
Children aged 12-17 years sharing with adult pay 50% of full adult rate per night, and staying in own room pay 75% of full adult rate per night.
Children aged 18 years or more pay full adult rate. Please choose “adult” in the online reservation in case of a child aged 18 or older.
The policy of this hotel in case of cancellation or no show is:
● More than 91 days before arrival: free cancellation
● Between 90-46 days before arrival: 20% of charged rate
● Between 45-29 days before arrival: 50% of charged rate
● Within 28 days before arrival: 100% of charged rate
Additionally, zanzibar.eco as a platform provider charges 30 USD processing fee for each cancellation
Ecological & Social Footprint
The Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp uses a natural spring as their source of water which is then treated and available via a dispenser unit. Grey water is reused for the surrounding land and sewage is diverted to septic tanks. The lodge is run on approximately 95% of solar power supplementing the remaining 5% with generators. The camp promotes a no plastic policy and waste is separated, recycled and disposed of in Nairobi. The majority of the staff comes from the surrounding villages and receives regular in-house training in order to provide the customer with exceptional service.
Loisaba Conservancy is a successful example of collaboration and co-existence between conservation, communities, ranching and tourism.
All profits obtained from tourism activities at Loisaba are dedicated to conservation, community health institutions, education and entrepreneur programs benefiting the neighboring Samburu and Laikipiak Maasai tribes. The Elewana group’s Wildlife Warrior Program funds fun and educational activities such as drama, art and story writing for hundreds of school children with the aim to share knowledge about wildlife conservation.
The best conservationists are rewarded with scholarships for their primary and secondary schooling. The Land & LifeFoundation of Elewana and Cheli & Peacock Safaris aims to provide solutions for preserving the wildlife and habitats while at the same time providing a regular income for the local community. The Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp has obtained Silver Level from the Eco-Tourism Kenya certification program.
Things To Do
• Game drives • Cultural visits to Samburu village • Guided bush and bird walks • Bush breakfasts and sundowners • Horse and camel safaris • Lion tracking • Mountain biking • Fishing (seasonal) • Visits to conservancy head quarters and anti-poaching sniffer dogs