Yoga & Mindfulness Retreats Susanne Nebel
Enjoy an active time-out at the white sandy beach of Jambiani, with yoga and meditation classes, an introduction to Swahili culture, people and eco-tours. Learn or deepen your mindfulness and yoga practice and find inner peace and serenity.
This retreat at the Villa Bahati Zanzibar offers a mix of relaxation and activity, with mindfulness practice and yoga on the airy rooftop terrace, in the tropical garden or on the beach. Swim in the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, walk mindfully on the beach, and perhaps you would like to swim with the dolphins of Kizimikazi. Our Jambiani eco & culture tour provides opportunities to learn about the biodiversity of the east coast and the culture of its Swahili people.
Eco-friendly Villa Bahati accommodates 14 people, with 6 guest rooms around a spacious courtyard, and direct access to the tropical garden and beach. We offer vegetarian Zanzibarian delicacies on a half-board basis, herbal teas, lemongrass tea, fresh coconuts, coffee and fresh juices, available during the day.
Villa Bahati Zanzibar proudly supports community projects and women empowerment groups, such as Safi Sana Zanzibar. The women have been trained to design and produce home textiles, bags and fashion pieces from authentic African textiles. A Safi Sana bag is yours when joining the retreat.
- Daily (on 6 days of the week from Monday to Saturday) Mindfulness practice of various Buddhist schools and styles, including Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR), mindful yoga and Hatha Yoga and breathing techniques. Experience new, constructive ways of dealing with stress, difficult emotions and thoughts, mindful communication and relationships.
- The afternoons are free for deepening your practice, for excursions, a leisurely stroll on the beach, a massage, henna painting or reading in the hammock. There is also time for a counseling session with the teacher.
- Mindful Bodywork (Bodyscan)
- Yoga (mindful) and Hatha Yoga
- Sitting and Walking Meditation
- Breathing techniques (Pranayama)
€ 750,- per person in a double sharing
€ 990,- single occupancy in a double room
(Stay two weeks and receive one night for free)
- Yoga & Mindfulness program
- 7x nights of accommodation at Bahati Villa in Jambiani
(rooms with swahili carved beds and antique Zanzibarian furniture, mosquito net, fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and bathtub, safe)
- Half board (vegetarian breakfast & lunch)
- Course language English and German
- air tickets
- airport transfer € 70
2019 Retreat Dates
Dr. Susanne Nebel is an anthropologist who spent more than 20 years working in rural and social development in Tanzania, all of Eastern and Southern Africa and South Asia. She teaches Hatha Yoga, mindful Yoga, mindfulness practices, and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR Kabat-Ziinn). As a Buddhist, she was trained in the Mahayana (FPMT) and Vipassana tradition. She has practiced meditation and mantra chants for more than 20 years. She also annually organises the Hiking and Meditation in Ladakh pilgramage tour in India. More information on www.zentrum-refugium.at
Receive a premium discount of 5% on the retreat package with our code zanzibar.eco.susannenebel.